Friday, June 03, 2005

The Chalk of the Street

Every Spring the I Madonnari Chalk Drawing Festival takes place at the Santa Barbara Mission. If I knew the history of it or even the source of the name, I'd provide it. Some beautiful drawings are created over the three day festival.

A special section for children is marked off with smaller plots where the kids do some wonderful art. Unfortunately, the accompanying adult sometimes cannot keep from helping out - maybe they should ban all relatives from the area.

See photos at EdHat.com, a local on-line newspaper that has compiled a large collection of pictures of the drawings: I Madonnari 2005

2 Comments:

At 03 June, 2005 16:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are terrific, I didn't realize
that there were so many!
thank you...

 
At 06 June, 2005 15:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next year I'll go to - never knew that event took place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home